Nothing you’ll read this summer will make you laugh quite so uproariously as this regrettably brief satire by the author of the Adrian Mole series. In Rebuilding Coventry, Coventry Dakin is a beautiful working-class English housewife unfortunately married to a boring clod who’s obsessed with tortoises. One night, in a local Fred Astaire theme pub, an obnoxious neighbor begins a rumor that Coventry is his lover. The next day, in the midst of cleaning her chimney, she snaps and finds herself wandering through the streets of London, covered with soot, penniless, and wanted by the police for murdering the neighbor with an action-figure doll. Not that the plot really matters; Sue Townsend’s version of the phone book would undoubtedly be a wicked, delicious read. A
Rebuilding Coventry Nothing you'll read this summer will make you laugh quite so uproariously as this regrettably brief satire by the author of the Adrian Mole series....Rebuilding CoventryFictionSue Townsend Nothing you'll read this summer will make you laugh quite so uproariously as this regrettably brief satire by the author of the Adrian Mole series....1997-07-18
Genre: Fiction; Author: Sue Townsend
Posted July 18 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!