The Museum of Television & Radio has uncovered a pair of gems — two episodes of The Lloyd Bridges Show, the Sea Hunt star’s 1962-63 CBS anthology series, directed by indie-film pioneer John Cassavetes. ”A Pair of Boots” and ”My Daddy Can Lick Your Daddy” will air back-to-back on TV Land July 20 from 7 to 8 p.m. and July 22 from 6 to 7 p.m. ”Boots” casts Bridges as a Civil War rebel whose truce with Union troops threatens to break down over one Southern soldier’s desire to reclaim a pair of shoes stolen by a Yankee. In ”Daddy,” penned by Chinatown screenwriter Robert Towne, Bridges plays an aging boxer fighting a match against his own grown son. Though these episodes don’t foreshadow Cassavetes’ improvisatory filmmaking style, they do burn with the same emotional intensity found in such later big-screen works as A Woman Under the Influence. ”Boots” also features two notable supporting actors — Lloyd’s son Beau and future Cassavetes cohort Seymour Cassel. Perhaps most surprising of all, the innovative Lloyd Bridges Show was created and executive-produced by Mr. Melrose Place, Aaron Spelling.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Golden Trailer Awards 2015: The winners list
- 'Criminal Minds' finale react: Another BAU member takes their leave
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on finale, Nina Dobrev farewell
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!