The Museum of Television & Radio has uncovered a pair of gems — two episodes of The Lloyd Bridges Show, the Sea Hunt star’s 1962-63 CBS anthology series, directed by indie-film pioneer John Cassavetes. ”A Pair of Boots” and ”My Daddy Can Lick Your Daddy” will air back-to-back on TV Land July 20 from 7 to 8 p.m. and July 22 from 6 to 7 p.m. ”Boots” casts Bridges as a Civil War rebel whose truce with Union troops threatens to break down over one Southern soldier’s desire to reclaim a pair of shoes stolen by a Yankee. In ”Daddy,” penned by Chinatown screenwriter Robert Towne, Bridges plays an aging boxer fighting a match against his own grown son. Though these episodes don’t foreshadow Cassavetes’ improvisatory filmmaking style, they do burn with the same emotional intensity found in such later big-screen works as A Woman Under the Influence. ”Boots” also features two notable supporting actors — Lloyd’s son Beau and future Cassavetes cohort Seymour Cassel. Perhaps most surprising of all, the innovative Lloyd Bridges Show was created and executive-produced by Mr. Melrose Place, Aaron Spelling.
Posted July 25 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Caitlyn Jenner explains how her views on marriage equality have evolved
- Ed Burns was super nervous his first day working with Tom Hanks on 'Saving Private Ryan'
- Blue Ivy dedicates Disney favorite to mom Beyoncé on her birthday
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Murder,' 'Scandal' & more
- The music we loved this week
- 'Game of Thrones' casts Samwell Tarly's brother
- Idris Elba prepares child soldiers for war in 'Beasts of No Nation' trailer
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!