Heather Thomas — who once rivaled Farrah Fawcett and Heather Locklear as TV’s top pinup girl — is back, but this time she’s taking on a new Hollywood role: Hip Screenwriter of the Moment. Following a three-studio bidding war, the former Fall Guy star got a mid-six-figure deal from Touchstone for her first screenplay, School Slut, a ’70s-era dark comedy described as a cross between Welcome to the Dollhouse and Heathers (of course). ”I wanted to explore the stringent rules of high school because I have two daughters,” says Thomas, 39. And yes, she knows what you’re thinking. ”It’s like, ‘Oh! She can walk and chew gum!”’ says the actress, who’s also developing a youth-oriented TV series. ”But nobody knows I’ve been writing all along, taking classes, and worshiping at the feet of the writing gods.” Think those higher powers could persuade Lee Majors to play the rough-and-tumble principal?
Posted July 25 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Deadpool' screenwriters 'trying to get a jump on' sequel
- Martin Shkreli wants to be the sole owner of Kanye West's new album
- See a preview of Kanye West's videogame, about his mother going to heaven
- Box office preview: 'Deadpool' to demolish 'Zoolander 2,' 'How To Be Single'
- Kanye West raps that he 'might still have sex' with Taylor Swift
- 'Destiny' sequel expected in 2017, major expansion coming this year
- AMC orders late-night talk show from Kevin Smith, Greg Grunberg
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996