Heather Thomas — who once rivaled Farrah Fawcett and Heather Locklear as TV’s top pinup girl — is back, but this time she’s taking on a new Hollywood role: Hip Screenwriter of the Moment. Following a three-studio bidding war, the former Fall Guy star got a mid-six-figure deal from Touchstone for her first screenplay, School Slut, a ’70s-era dark comedy described as a cross between Welcome to the Dollhouse and Heathers (of course). ”I wanted to explore the stringent rules of high school because I have two daughters,” says Thomas, 39. And yes, she knows what you’re thinking. ”It’s like, ‘Oh! She can walk and chew gum!”’ says the actress, who’s also developing a youth-oriented TV series. ”But nobody knows I’ve been writing all along, taking classes, and worshiping at the feet of the writing gods.” Think those higher powers could persuade Lee Majors to play the rough-and-tumble principal?
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Game of Thrones: Melisandre actress on nude scenes and Jon Snow interest
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' products to hit shelves in September
- J.K. Rowling apologizes for 'Harry Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' earns $187.7M at weekend box office, second-best U.S. debut ever
- Spice Girls reunite at David Beckham's birthday
- 'Dances With Wolves' writer Michael Blake dies
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!