Heather Thomas — who once rivaled Farrah Fawcett and Heather Locklear as TV’s top pinup girl — is back, but this time she’s taking on a new Hollywood role: Hip Screenwriter of the Moment. Following a three-studio bidding war, the former Fall Guy star got a mid-six-figure deal from Touchstone for her first screenplay, School Slut, a ’70s-era dark comedy described as a cross between Welcome to the Dollhouse and Heathers (of course). ”I wanted to explore the stringent rules of high school because I have two daughters,” says Thomas, 39. And yes, she knows what you’re thinking. ”It’s like, ‘Oh! She can walk and chew gum!”’ says the actress, who’s also developing a youth-oriented TV series. ”But nobody knows I’ve been writing all along, taking classes, and worshiping at the feet of the writing gods.” Think those higher powers could persuade Lee Majors to play the rough-and-tumble principal?
Posted July 25 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Music we loved this week: Robyn, Tink, Galantis and more
- What should Jon Stewart do next? Former 'Daily Show' correspondents offer advice
- The slasher film returns with a vengeance in 'Some Kind of Hate' trailer
- Resume Review: Kenny Ortega on 'HSM,' 'Dirty Dancing' & more
- Ranking Tom Cruise's craziest 'Mission: Impossible' stunts
- 'Big Brother': Jason reveals what name he almost called Liz on live TV
- Nile Rodgers explains why FOLD is totally different than other music festivals
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!