Heather Thomas — who once rivaled Farrah Fawcett and Heather Locklear as TV’s top pinup girl — is back, but this time she’s taking on a new Hollywood role: Hip Screenwriter of the Moment. Following a three-studio bidding war, the former Fall Guy star got a mid-six-figure deal from Touchstone for her first screenplay, School Slut, a ’70s-era dark comedy described as a cross between Welcome to the Dollhouse and Heathers (of course). ”I wanted to explore the stringent rules of high school because I have two daughters,” says Thomas, 39. And yes, she knows what you’re thinking. ”It’s like, ‘Oh! She can walk and chew gum!”’ says the actress, who’s also developing a youth-oriented TV series. ”But nobody knows I’ve been writing all along, taking classes, and worshiping at the feet of the writing gods.” Think those higher powers could persuade Lee Majors to play the rough-and-tumble principal?
Posted July 25 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What to Watch Tuesday: Reggie Watts gets 'Spatial'
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday