Warner’s high-profile adaptation of John Grisham’s The Runaway Jury may be in jeopardy. With an October start date approaching, a source says that director Joel Schumacher very recently left the project with misgivings over the timeliness of the story, about a watershed tobacco trial. Schumacher won’t confirm his departure, but Sean Connery, slated to play an evil tobacco lobbyist, reportedly is being cautious about fully committing in the midst of script rewrites. Reps for stars Edward Norton and Gwyneth Paltrow, who both signed on under Schumacher, aren’t commenting.
Posted August 1 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big