Wes Craven has a lot to say about the making of his scary success on the laserdisc for Scream, which features a director’s cut and bonus audio tracks. The janitor with Henry Winkler is Craven; now we learn he’s wearing Freddy Krueger’s costume from the original Nightmare on Elm Street. Craven points out each shot deleted from the original R-rated release: a flash of Drew Barrymore’s boyfriend’s entrails, the first time she’s knifed, the scene in which she hangs from a tree (Craven cut every other frame to shorten it), and a close-up of costar Rose McGowan’s head being crushed by a garage door. Total time: 20 seconds. As for those references to the ”Richard Gere gerbil stories,” Craven notes, ”I got calls from agents saying, ‘You’ll never work again if you leave that in.”’
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Saturday Night Live' best host poll: Scarlett Johansson's big weekend turns up the heat on the competition
- James Taylor debuts Boston Red Sox song
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Let's talk latest shocking 'Game of Thrones' twist
- Kim Kardashian’s book of selfies is in good company
- Lauryn Hill apologizes to Nigerian fans with awesome acoustic performance
- Melissa Rivers says 'fighting' hurt 'Fashion Police'
- Lupita Nyong'o's 'Star Wars' character name revealed
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!