Wes Craven has a lot to say about the making of his scary success on the laserdisc for Scream, which features a director’s cut and bonus audio tracks. The janitor with Henry Winkler is Craven; now we learn he’s wearing Freddy Krueger’s costume from the original Nightmare on Elm Street. Craven points out each shot deleted from the original R-rated release: a flash of Drew Barrymore’s boyfriend’s entrails, the first time she’s knifed, the scene in which she hangs from a tree (Craven cut every other frame to shorten it), and a close-up of costar Rose McGowan’s head being crushed by a garage door. Total time: 20 seconds. As for those references to the ”Richard Gere gerbil stories,” Craven notes, ”I got calls from agents saying, ‘You’ll never work again if you leave that in.”’
Posted September 5 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Star Wars' Live-stream with the cast of 'Rogue One'
- 'Supernatural' writer reveals 'Smallville' crossover that never happened
- 'Star Trek: Discovery': Bryan Fuller says he won't be involved
- '22 Jump Street' writer to pen spinoff about female cops
- 'Into the Badlands' season 2: Nick Frost joins martial arts drama
- Why Lynda Carter wasn't the Earth-1 POTUS of the Arrowverse
- WATCH: 'Rogue One' star Diego Luna describes meeting Darth Vader
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big