Wes Craven has a lot to say about the making of his scary success on the laserdisc for Scream, which features a director’s cut and bonus audio tracks. The janitor with Henry Winkler is Craven; now we learn he’s wearing Freddy Krueger’s costume from the original Nightmare on Elm Street. Craven points out each shot deleted from the original R-rated release: a flash of Drew Barrymore’s boyfriend’s entrails, the first time she’s knifed, the scene in which she hangs from a tree (Craven cut every other frame to shorten it), and a close-up of costar Rose McGowan’s head being crushed by a garage door. Total time: 20 seconds. As for those references to the ”Richard Gere gerbil stories,” Craven notes, ”I got calls from agents saying, ‘You’ll never work again if you leave that in.”’
Posted September 5 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast