Wes Craven has a lot to say about the making of his scary success on the laserdisc for Scream, which features a director’s cut and bonus audio tracks. The janitor with Henry Winkler is Craven; now we learn he’s wearing Freddy Krueger’s costume from the original Nightmare on Elm Street. Craven points out each shot deleted from the original R-rated release: a flash of Drew Barrymore’s boyfriend’s entrails, the first time she’s knifed, the scene in which she hangs from a tree (Craven cut every other frame to shorten it), and a close-up of costar Rose McGowan’s head being crushed by a garage door. Total time: 20 seconds. As for those references to the ”Richard Gere gerbil stories,” Craven notes, ”I got calls from agents saying, ‘You’ll never work again if you leave that in.”’
Posted September 5 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Spoilers: Alex Kingston returns to 'Doctor Who'
- Jeff Probst debates the use of challenge advantages on 'Survivor'
- 'DWTS': And the fall 2015 celebrities are ...
- Joanna Newsom reveals new record is 'different from anything I did in the past
- Kevin Gates charged with battery after kicking female fan
- Deadmau5 says 'We Are Your Friends' flop restored his faith in music
- 'Game of Thrones' may have added a 'Lucy' actor to season 6
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!