You’d think that having just released the fastest-selling album in British history might have mellowed Oasis’ infamously prickly leader, guitarist Noel Gallagher, just a little. But even though Be Here Now is setting records and debuted in the U.S. last week at No. 2, the elder Gallagher (brother Liam is the band’s lead singer) is as irascible as ever. Take his opinion of rock festivals: ”We don’t like playing traveling circus-type things like Lollapalooza because you always get f—ing [jerks] like Courtney Love on the bill.” Or his view of Alanis Morissette: ”She needs a good kicking. I find her annoying, the same as that Bjork and Sinead O’Connor.” Of course, Chairman Noel is an equal-opportunity ranter: ”I joined Oasis because [I thought] they were all right. They were s— really. Sometimes I think it was the biggest mistake I ever f—ing made.” Still, he notes: ”We don’t go out of our way to upset people. We speak our minds, you know what I mean?” Clearly.
Posted September 12 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Transformers: The Last Knight trailer tallies 100 million views online
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': The Legion of Doom assembles in winter finale
- 'Colony' adds 'ER' alum in season 2 — exclusive
- Michelle Obama spotlights veteran homelessness on Viceland's 'Balls Deep'
- 'The Expanse': Exclusive new look at season 2
- 'One Day at a Time' reboot: Netflix releases heartwarming trailer
- Walton Goggins in talks to play villain in 'Tomb Raider' reboot
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot