It’s a movie promo! It’s amateur porn! In fact, it’s the cheeky site for The Full Monty (www.fullmonty.co.uk/). Taking off from the British movie, in which unemployed steelworkers turn strippers to earn a few quid, the site invited U.K. residents to submit nude photos of themselves; entrants coyly cover their private parts with such props as a plush banana and a can of Spam. After online voters narrowed the field to five finalists, site sponsor Twentieth Century Fox UK chose the post with the most, ”Lucifer,” awarding him a trip for two to Ibiza, Spain. In all, only 22 entrants dared to go bare — but there was no shortage of voters. ”Because of the site’s nature,” says site designer Foresight Europe’s Nicole Refson, ”people are keen to log on to it.”
Posted September 26 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'