Mark Chesnutt’s reunion with producer Mark Wright is a sometimes stunning reminder of the singer’s first-rate, smooth-as-bourbon interpretive style, especially with snappy Western swing and emotional honky-tonk. When his baritone free-falls to the bottom of his register (”That Side of You”), he’s a George Jones in waiting — a master at conveying eternal romantic suffering in Thank God for Believers. B+
Thank God for Believers Mark Chesnutt's reunion with producer Mark Wright is a sometimes stunning reminder of the singer's first-rate, smooth-as-bourbon interpretive style, ...Thank God for BelieversCountry Mark Chesnutt's reunion with producer Mark Wright is a sometimes stunning reminder of the singer's first-rate, smooth-as-bourbon interpretive style, ...1997-09-26
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Mark Chesnutt
Posted September 26 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday