Mark Chesnutt’s reunion with producer Mark Wright is a sometimes stunning reminder of the singer’s first-rate, smooth-as-bourbon interpretive style, especially with snappy Western swing and emotional honky-tonk. When his baritone free-falls to the bottom of his register (”That Side of You”), he’s a George Jones in waiting — a master at conveying eternal romantic suffering in Thank God for Believers. B+
Thank God for Believers Mark Chesnutt's reunion with producer Mark Wright is a sometimes stunning reminder of the singer's first-rate, smooth-as-bourbon interpretive style, ...Thank God for BelieversCountry Mark Chesnutt's reunion with producer Mark Wright is a sometimes stunning reminder of the singer's first-rate, smooth-as-bourbon interpretive style, ...1997-09-26
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Mark Chesnutt
Posted September 26 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!