Mark Chesnutt’s reunion with producer Mark Wright is a sometimes stunning reminder of the singer’s first-rate, smooth-as-bourbon interpretive style, especially with snappy Western swing and emotional honky-tonk. When his baritone free-falls to the bottom of his register (”That Side of You”), he’s a George Jones in waiting — a master at conveying eternal romantic suffering in Thank God for Believers. B+
Thank God for Believers Mark Chesnutt's reunion with producer Mark Wright is a sometimes stunning reminder of the singer's first-rate, smooth-as-bourbon interpretive style, ...Thank God for BelieversCountry Mark Chesnutt's reunion with producer Mark Wright is a sometimes stunning reminder of the singer's first-rate, smooth-as-bourbon interpretive style, ...1997-09-26
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Mark Chesnutt
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!