Bad horror movies used to have lame, clunky plots. Now they have no plots at all. ”Presented” by Wes Craven, Wishmaster could leave even a Fangoria convention hissing with boredom. It’s a mausoleum-glum, Scotch-taped-together mess about an underworld genie who appears in two guises: as a slime-demon version of Ingmar Bergman’s Death and as a pockmarked humanoid (Andrew Divoff) who leers like the young Richard Nixon as he cons assorted innocents into striking nonsensical Faustian bargains. The special effects, which consist of the usual intestinoid body parts exploding from the usual split rib cages, descend from the most overlooked horror film of the last 20 years (John Carpenter’s spellbinding 1982 remake of The Thing), but here they look more like a series of extremely bloody and rubbery omelettes. D-
WishmasterBad horror movies used to have lame, clunky plots. Now they have no plots at all. ''Presented'' by Wes Craven, Wishmaster could leave...WishmasterBad horror movies used to have lame, clunky plots. Now they have no plots at all. ''Presented'' by Wes Craven, Wishmaster could leave...1997-10-03
Starring: Andrew Divoff, Robert Englund, Tammy Lauren; Director: Robert Kurtzman
Posted October 3 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Hugh Jackman bring back the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- See Beyoncé birthday wishes from Gwyneth Paltrow, Blue Ivy, and more
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Chris Evans on more Captain America: 'If Marvel wants me, they got me'
- Alison Brie offers unqualified dating advice on 'The Tonight Show'
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!