Arriving like a tonic for America’s collective ’80s hangover, Northern Exposure (A&E, weeknights 6-7 p.m.) debuted in July 1990 offering the old-fashioned, New Age-y oasis of Cicely, Alaska. The dramedy focused on Joel Fleischman (Rob Morrow), the New York-bred doctor who sees his yuppie ambitions derailed yet finds his soul amid Cicely’s crunchy eccentrics, among them bush pilot Maggie O’Connell (Janine Turner), slacker savant Ed Chigliak (Darren E. Burrows), and airhead with a heart of gold Shelly Tambo (Cynthia Geary). Also on board as Cicely’s space-case DJ, Chris Stevens, was John Corbett, now plying his otherworldly charms as The Visitor.
Posted October 10 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday