How hot was Liar Liar in its first week on video? The average store sold 51 copies of Jim Carrey’s box office smash (at $22.98 per tape that’s an $8.9 million gross) and posted an eye-bugging 92 rentals (No. 2 Volcano had a mere 35). Further down the rental chart, theatrical dawdlers aimed at African-American audiences continue to rent strongly, given that the average store carries relatively few copies: New-to-tape B.A.P.S (No. 10) had a higher rental-per-copy figure than even Liar Liar.
Posted October 17 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?