By rocketing ahead 200 years from Alien3 to create an Ellen Ripley reconstructed (she was dead, remember?) through a mix of human and alien DNA, this highly satisfying fourth encounter with the Horrifying Other branches out in a fresh, millennium-sensitive direction: We have met the alien, and they is us. Naturally, there are various visually elegant high-tension confrontations between humans and gooey monsters. And Sigourney Weaver still owns the show, striding through the carnage with supreme confidence and keeping new cast members (including Winona Ryder as a bratty onboard mechanic) in their places.
MUMMY DEAREST: Weaver gets maternal with newborn creature in "Resurrection"
Genre: Horror, Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Winona Ryder, Sigourney Weaver, Gary Dourdan, Ron Perlman; Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet; MPAA Rating: R
Posted November 11 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead' producers explain that crazy cliffhanger resolution
- 'The Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz reflects on Abraham's big moment
- 'The Walking Dead': Steven Yeun weighs in on Glenn's fate
- 'Quantico' boss on channeling 'Mr. Robot,' Harry's 'personal' story
- 'The Walking Dead' cliffhanger victims revealed
- Emmy Rossum talks 'Shameless' directing debut, new trans character
- 'Westworld' postmortem: producers discuss episode 4