Bewildered in the Puff Daddy ’90s, the Duraners simply boomeranged back to their hammy new-wave past. ”Greetings from the Big Bang generation,” Simon Le Bon bleats early on Medazzaland. It ain’t ”Rio,” but it ain’t half bad. The worthless Duran Duran Tribute Album substitutes ska-band slam for Duran glam. It’s unamusing — strangely forced — in fact, as if bands like Buck-o-Nine pummeled those New Romantic kids in high school. Medazzaland: B Tribute: C-
Posted November 21 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ice-T lends his voice to 'Dora the Explorer,' 'The Smurfs' and 'Care Bears'
- Let's rank the 'Mission: Impossible' movies
- Guess which celebrities wrote these children's books
- J.K. Rowling thanks fans for birthday wishes and support
- Here’s how Neville Longbottom wished J.K. Rowling a Happy Birthday
- The time J.J. Abrams broke his back trying to help Harrison Ford
- Are you smarter than a Whoopi Goldberg impersonator?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!