Bewildered in the Puff Daddy ’90s, the Duraners simply boomeranged back to their hammy new-wave past. ”Greetings from the Big Bang generation,” Simon Le Bon bleats early on Medazzaland. It ain’t ”Rio,” but it ain’t half bad. The worthless Duran Duran Tribute Album substitutes ska-band slam for Duran glam. It’s unamusing — strangely forced — in fact, as if bands like Buck-o-Nine pummeled those New Romantic kids in high school. Medazzaland: B Tribute: C-
Posted November 21 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt