Bewildered in the Puff Daddy ’90s, the Duraners simply boomeranged back to their hammy new-wave past. ”Greetings from the Big Bang generation,” Simon Le Bon bleats early on Medazzaland. It ain’t ”Rio,” but it ain’t half bad. The worthless Duran Duran Tribute Album substitutes ska-band slam for Duran glam. It’s unamusing — strangely forced — in fact, as if bands like Buck-o-Nine pummeled those New Romantic kids in high school. Medazzaland: B Tribute: C-
Posted November 21 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!