Bewildered in the Puff Daddy ’90s, the Duraners simply boomeranged back to their hammy new-wave past. ”Greetings from the Big Bang generation,” Simon Le Bon bleats early on Medazzaland. It ain’t ”Rio,” but it ain’t half bad. The worthless Duran Duran Tribute Album substitutes ska-band slam for Duran glam. It’s unamusing — strangely forced — in fact, as if bands like Buck-o-Nine pummeled those New Romantic kids in high school. Medazzaland: B Tribute: C-
Posted November 21 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- Reviews are in for 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Grumpy Cat to join Broadway's 'Cats'
- WATCH: 'Stranger Things' kid Caleb McLaughlin in 'New Edition Story'
- Big bad revealed for 'Arrow'-'Flash'-'Supergirl'-'Legends' crossover
- 'Bajillion Dollar Propertie$' gets wet and wild in season 2 trailer
- Stars recreate Michael Jackson's 'Beat It' for 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Jake Miller and Cardiknox join EW PopFest lineup