Known for his funkified cameos on hits by Mariah Carey, Notorious B.I.G., and mentor Puff Daddy, rap’s newest bad boy Mase more than holds his own on his solo debut Harlem World. Like Puff Daddy, he laces hardcore raps with pop hooks and drops Big Willie boasts on cuts like ”Do You Wanna Get $”; his distinctive marble-mouthed drawl, however, creates a regular-guy persona all too rare in hip-hop. B+
Posted November 21 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade