Known for his funkified cameos on hits by Mariah Carey, Notorious B.I.G., and mentor Puff Daddy, rap’s newest bad boy Mase more than holds his own on his solo debut Harlem World. Like Puff Daddy, he laces hardcore raps with pop hooks and drops Big Willie boasts on cuts like ”Do You Wanna Get $”; his distinctive marble-mouthed drawl, however, creates a regular-guy persona all too rare in hip-hop. B+
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Steve Taylor & The Perfect Foil take us to the roller disco with their 'Moonshot' video -- exclusive
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Which character has the worst luck?
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Q&A: J.K. Rowling bibliographer Philip W. Errington tells us even more Harry Potter secrets
- The Winklevii will have a cameo on 'Silicon Valley'
- Masi Oka's Hiro Nakamura will return for 'Heroes Reborn'
- Drea de Matteo loses apartment in fire
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!