It’s been a while since Luke Campbell and 2 Live Crew’s raunchy raps made them First Amendment poster boys, and time has not been kind. While Luke and 2 Live Crew no longer collaborate, their separate recordings hardly progress beyond the formula behind 1989’s ”Me So Horny.” Luke attempts some limp R&B retreads with Changin’ the Game, yet even his hyper Miami bass beats sound tired; 2 Live Crew, meanwhile, stick to their usual bottom-heavy grooves, homophobia, and strip-club cliches. If anything, these artists aren’t offensive enough — just dull. Game: D Lil’ Somethin’: D+
Posted November 28 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
- 'Supergirl': Will we ever meet Earth-1 Kara Danvers?
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' delayed until 2019
- 'The Flash' winter finale will change the direction of the show
- ANOHNI urges president to release Chelsea Manning
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday