Margaret Colin (Independence Day) stars in Jackie — yes, that Jackie — in writer-director Gip Hoppe’s goofy, impressionistic bio-play. Her life unfolds in vignettes featuring a rotating cast, lots of puppets, and some hilarious sight gags (Ethel Kennedy shows up pregnant with a bunch of baby puppets hanging off her). Hoppe’s play, however, with its dull observations on the culture of celebrity and no new insight into the woman at hand, begins to wear thin and isn’t half as clever as the staging. C+
Jackie Margaret Colin (Independence Day) stars in Jackie — yes, that Jackie — in writer-director Gip Hoppe's goofy, ...Jackie Margaret Colin (Independence Day) stars in Jackie — yes, that Jackie — in writer-director Gip Hoppe's goofy, ...1997-12-05
Starring: Gip Hoppe, Margaret Colin
Posted December 5 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!