Margaret Colin (Independence Day) stars in Jackie — yes, that Jackie — in writer-director Gip Hoppe’s goofy, impressionistic bio-play. Her life unfolds in vignettes featuring a rotating cast, lots of puppets, and some hilarious sight gags (Ethel Kennedy shows up pregnant with a bunch of baby puppets hanging off her). Hoppe’s play, however, with its dull observations on the culture of celebrity and no new insight into the woman at hand, begins to wear thin and isn’t half as clever as the staging. C+
Jackie Margaret Colin (Independence Day) stars in Jackie — yes, that Jackie — in writer-director Gip Hoppe's goofy, ...Jackie Margaret Colin (Independence Day) stars in Jackie — yes, that Jackie — in writer-director Gip Hoppe's goofy, ...1997-12-05
Starring: Gip Hoppe, Margaret Colin
Posted December 5 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!