Margaret Colin (Independence Day) stars in Jackie — yes, that Jackie — in writer-director Gip Hoppe’s goofy, impressionistic bio-play. Her life unfolds in vignettes featuring a rotating cast, lots of puppets, and some hilarious sight gags (Ethel Kennedy shows up pregnant with a bunch of baby puppets hanging off her). Hoppe’s play, however, with its dull observations on the culture of celebrity and no new insight into the woman at hand, begins to wear thin and isn’t half as clever as the staging. C+
Jackie Margaret Colin (Independence Day) stars in Jackie — yes, that Jackie — in writer-director Gip Hoppe's goofy, ...Jackie Margaret Colin (Independence Day) stars in Jackie — yes, that Jackie — in writer-director Gip Hoppe's goofy, ...1997-12-05
Starring: Gip Hoppe, Margaret Colin
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!