Margaret Colin (Independence Day) stars in Jackie — yes, that Jackie — in writer-director Gip Hoppe’s goofy, impressionistic bio-play. Her life unfolds in vignettes featuring a rotating cast, lots of puppets, and some hilarious sight gags (Ethel Kennedy shows up pregnant with a bunch of baby puppets hanging off her). Hoppe’s play, however, with its dull observations on the culture of celebrity and no new insight into the woman at hand, begins to wear thin and isn’t half as clever as the staging. C+
Jackie Margaret Colin (Independence Day) stars in Jackie — yes, that Jackie — in writer-director Gip Hoppe's goofy, ...Jackie Margaret Colin (Independence Day) stars in Jackie — yes, that Jackie — in writer-director Gip Hoppe's goofy, ...1997-12-05
Starring: Gip Hoppe, Margaret Colin
Posted December 5 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!