Rap idol 2Pac might find yet another life after death with his second posthumous release, an improvement on his first. That?s not to say this collection of unreleased material from 1991 to 1994 shows him at his best: Many of the 26 tracks are barely demo-worthy gangsta pap, and none rival ”Dear Mama” for tragic grandeur. Still, 2Pac?s raw talent burns through when his voice goes hoarse with rage on ”Hellrazor.” And on ”I?m Losin? It,” his blend of charismatic confidence and Travis Bickle paranoia is a bittersweet reminder of a gifted yet contradictory artist lost in the rap wars.
"DOWN" BUT NOT OUT: Rapper 2Pac's legacy lives on in new album
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Tupac Shakur; Producer (group): Amaru Records, Jive Records
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!