Rap idol 2Pac might find yet another life after death with his second posthumous release, an improvement on his first. That?s not to say this collection of unreleased material from 1991 to 1994 shows him at his best: Many of the 26 tracks are barely demo-worthy gangsta pap, and none rival ”Dear Mama” for tragic grandeur. Still, 2Pac?s raw talent burns through when his voice goes hoarse with rage on ”Hellrazor.” And on ”I?m Losin? It,” his blend of charismatic confidence and Travis Bickle paranoia is a bittersweet reminder of a gifted yet contradictory artist lost in the rap wars.
"DOWN" BUT NOT OUT: Rapper 2Pac's legacy lives on in new album
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Tupac Shakur; Producer (group): Amaru Records, Jive Records
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!