Rap idol 2Pac might find yet another life after death with his second posthumous release, an improvement on his first. That?s not to say this collection of unreleased material from 1991 to 1994 shows him at his best: Many of the 26 tracks are barely demo-worthy gangsta pap, and none rival ”Dear Mama” for tragic grandeur. Still, 2Pac?s raw talent burns through when his voice goes hoarse with rage on ”Hellrazor.” And on ”I?m Losin? It,” his blend of charismatic confidence and Travis Bickle paranoia is a bittersweet reminder of a gifted yet contradictory artist lost in the rap wars.
"DOWN" BUT NOT OUT: Rapper 2Pac's legacy lives on in new album
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Tupac Shakur; Producer (group): Amaru Records, Jive Records
Posted December 22 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!