So fractious, fatuous, and grumpy were stars this year that Hollywood sometimes seemed like one big day-care center. And nap time was long overdue. Over by the finger paints were George Clooney, Fran Drescher, and others who used Di’s death as an excuse to yell ”Look at me!” Marv Albert, Christian Slater, and Mike Tyson were at the snack table, biting off more than they could chew; Michael Eisner tussled with Jeffrey Katzenberg over the Mickey Mouse piggy bank; and Brad and Gwyneth and Mariah and Tommy didn’t play well at all. As for Robert Downey Jr. — there’s a reason the first-aid kit has a padlock. Thankfully, some stars behaved. Returning alums like Fleetwood Mac and Burt Reynolds showed class, and even if Sean ”Puffy” Combs did insist on playing every instrument during music time, at least he knew all those nice old songs.
Posted December 26 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- Weekend box office: 'Madea' clobbers 'Jack Reacher' with $27.6 million
- 'Logan' image teases Dafne Keen as mutant X-23
- Nobel academy member calls Bob Dylan 'impolite and arrogant'
- Christian Slater on relating to his 'King Cobra' role
- Why 'Trick 'r Treat' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder celebrates pennant victory with Chicago Cubs
- Kanye West won't go to the Grammys if Frank Ocean's not nominated