Hold on to your pink plastic, folks. Back in December we asked readers to vote on which celebrity most resembled Mattel’s revamped Barbie – Naomi Judd, Natalie Portman, or Valerie Bertinelli. Well, the results are in. And the winner is…Naomi Judd (below) by a landslide (44 out of 93 responses). Portman came in with a slim 7 votes, while Bertinelli drew a mere 4. Meanwhile, we were very impressed with some of the write-in candidates. Along with Jaclyn Smith and Priscilla Presley, one reader suggested ”Mary Hart with the neck of [French actress]Charlotte Gainsbourg (Jane Eyre).” (Clearly, a carefully thought out answer.) Another found the new Barbie ”disturbingly similar to Charo.” But the postcard that was most from the edge? ”The new Barbie looks like what Michael Jackson’s new baby will look like [at] 5,” observed one reader. ”Remember, Barbie was not born, but created.”
Posted January 16 1998 — 12:00 AM EST
- Michelle Obama spotlights veteran homelessness on Viceland's 'Balls Deep'
- 'The Expanse': Exclusive new look at season 2
- 'One Day at a Time' reboot: Netflix releases heartwarming trailer
- Walton Goggins in talks to play villain in 'Tomb Raider' reboot
- Preview the prologue in 'Tyson Hesse's Diesel: Ignition'
- 'Pitch' star Kylie Bunbury on Ginny's next move
- 'Please Like Me' finds U.S. home
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot