Who needs product placement when you’ve got Samuel L. Jackson? A longtime fan of Kangol caps, Jackson saw his fanaticism for them rub off on Quentin Tarantino, who thought the headgear was perfect for Jackson’s smooth-talking gun dealer in Jackie Brown. Pam Grier got one too, and now the Kangol is in more scenes than Bridget Fonda. Then Miramax used it as a promotional tool (Rosie O’Donnell wore one for a Jackson appearance). Although the Kangol hasn’t helped Jackie’s box office, its English manufacturer reports a significant leap in inquiries about the 60-year-old cap, which, by the way, was the trademark of another flashy guy — British WWII hero field marshall Bernard Montgomery. “That’s quite a jump,” says company president Doug Pleasanton, “from one to the other.”
Posted January 30 1998 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
- 'Supergirl': Will we ever meet Earth-1 Kara Danvers?
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' delayed until 2019
- 'The Flash' winter finale will change the direction of the show
- ANOHNI urges president to release Chelsea Manning
- Ja Rule, Ashanti reunite for mesmerizing performance of 'Helpless'
- 'Chicago P.D.': Get an exclusive first look at Nick Wechsler's debut
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday