Randy Travis protégé Singletary displays a grand gift for melodrama on the Conway Twitty-ish ”The Note” and a vocal suppleness on the jaunty ”Love or the Lack Of.” But when he runs out of A-list material on Ain’t It the Truth, not even his sonorous baritone can save him; The title track, a cloying tribute to his singing idols, is as terrible a song as Nashville’s ever heard. B-
Ain't It the Truth Randy Travis protégé Singletary displays a grand gift for melodrama on the Conway Twitty-ish ''The Note'' and a vocal suppleness on the ...Ain't It the TruthCountry Randy Travis protégé Singletary displays a grand gift for melodrama on the Conway Twitty-ish ''The Note'' and a vocal suppleness on the ...1998-03-06
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Daryle Singletary
Posted March 6 1998 — 12:00 AM EST
- Eddie Redmayne hopes 'Fantastic Beasts' will be 'quite a ride'
- New 'Sicario' clip ratchets up the tension for Emily Blunt
- Hulu launches ad-free subscription model
- Donald Trump weighs in on Kanye's presidential candidacy announcement
- See the funny, scary opening credits for 'Scream Queens'
- What Derek Hough thinks of new 'DWTS' partner Bindi Irwin
- See the most popular passages from every single 'Outlander' book
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!