Randy Travis protégé Singletary displays a grand gift for melodrama on the Conway Twitty-ish ”The Note” and a vocal suppleness on the jaunty ”Love or the Lack Of.” But when he runs out of A-list material on Ain’t It the Truth, not even his sonorous baritone can save him; The title track, a cloying tribute to his singing idols, is as terrible a song as Nashville’s ever heard. B-
Ain't It the Truth Randy Travis protégé Singletary displays a grand gift for melodrama on the Conway Twitty-ish ''The Note'' and a vocal suppleness on the ...Ain't It the TruthCountry Randy Travis protégé Singletary displays a grand gift for melodrama on the Conway Twitty-ish ''The Note'' and a vocal suppleness on the ...1998-03-06
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Daryle Singletary
Posted March 6 1998 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chinese filmmaker denies ripping off 'Cars'
- Watch your emotions get dramatic in 'Inside Out' and 'Inception' mashup trailer
- 'Doctor Who' stars lend voices to 'Lego Dimensions' game
- Exclusive: Catch up on 'Rectify' with a 'Serial'-inspired podcast
- Let's rewatch the eerie first trailer for Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle'
- U2 releases trailer for short film starring Woody Harrelson
- Mignolaverse and 'Hellboy' welcome iZombie co-creator Chris Roberson
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!