So what if it set us on the hysterical ride toward Omen IV? Roman Polanski’s ROSEMARY’S BABY (1968, Paramount, R, $39.98) – newly letterboxed on laserdisc – is the wittiest horror film this side of Psycho…. There’s no forgiving the Rain Man-cheap plot work of LAMERICA (1994, New Yorker, unrated, $89.95, subtitled) – slick young pig redeemed by road trip with wise idiot – or denying director Gianni Amelio’s talent for stark neorealist imagery…. Paul Simon fans can celebrate the regrettable Capeman’s Broadway demise with PAUL SIMON: GRACELAND (1997, Rhino, unrated, $19.95), a documentary about 1986’s album of the year…. Skater Katarina Witt slips up in THE ICE PRINCESS (1997, Winstar, unrated, $19.98), a wig-laden Cinderella on ice.
Posted March 20 1998 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony