The Wu-Tang Clansman’s solo bow is about as pretty as an open wound. Never straying too far from the Clan’s gangsta-noir approach, Cappadonna aims for the solar plexus on The Pillage with baleful beats, queasy swatches of melody, and furrowed-brow raps that ring out like dispatches from the heart of darkness. Overall, it makes for a vibe that’s disorienting and exhilarating in equal measure. B
The Pillage The Wu-Tang Clansman's solo bow is about as pretty as an open wound. Never straying too far from the Clan's gangsta-noir approach, Cappadonna aims for...The PillageHip-Hop/Rap The Wu-Tang Clansman's solo bow is about as pretty as an open wound. Never straying too far from the Clan's gangsta-noir approach, Cappadonna aims for...1998-04-03
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Cappadonna
Posted April 3 1998 — 12:00 AM EST
- Garbage to reissue 20th anniversary edition of their debut album
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Bill Hader, and Jason Sudeikis to guest on 'Billy on the Street'
- 'Walking Dead' actor to guest on Fox's 'Minority Report'
- Hulk Hogan: The N-word was part of my 'daily environment' growing up
- Eddie Redmayne hopes 'Fantastic Beasts' will be 'quite a ride'
- New 'Sicario' clip ratchets up the tension for Emily Blunt
- Hulu launches ad-free subscription model
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!