Freeman and Judd labor mightily to lend credibility to this Silence of the Lambs derivative about a forensic psychologist (Freeman) hunting for a killer who preys on the best and brightest young women — including Judd’s kickboxing doctor, Kate. Kiss the Girls shows promise with Kate’s capture and bold escape from the psycho girl-kisser’s underground lair, but lapses into implausibility once she hangs up her scrubs to help find the killer and rescue the other victims. These days, it’s not enough to have women raped and killed; this film’s nut makes them dress up and listen to violin concerts. The plot’s best twist remains maddeningly unexplained, as does why Freeman’s cop would ever let Judd go with him on stakeouts. The woman in jeopardy gets even, but the story ends up the real victim.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Morgan Freeman, Ashley Judd, Tatyana Ali, Brian Cox, Cary Elwes, Tony Goldwyn, Jeremy Piven, Mena Suvari; Director: Gary Fleder; Author: David Klass; Release Date Wide: 10/03/1997; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures, Rysher Entertainment
Posted April 17 1998 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst on possibility of a final two
- The Property Bros. try to make Broadway dreams come true in spoof
- Young Broadway fan honors Tony nominees with adorable Lego recreations
- Justin Timberlake is dropping 'Can't Stop the Feeling' on Friday
- 'Survivor: Kaôh Rōng': The majority alliance begins to crumble
- Channing Tatum announces 'Magic Mike Live' show in Las Vegas
- Ava DuVernay departs as director of 'Intelligent Life'