Freeman and Judd labor mightily to lend credibility to this Silence of the Lambs derivative about a forensic psychologist (Freeman) hunting for a killer who preys on the best and brightest young women — including Judd’s kickboxing doctor, Kate. Kiss the Girls shows promise with Kate’s capture and bold escape from the psycho girl-kisser’s underground lair, but lapses into implausibility once she hangs up her scrubs to help find the killer and rescue the other victims. These days, it’s not enough to have women raped and killed; this film’s nut makes them dress up and listen to violin concerts. The plot’s best twist remains maddeningly unexplained, as does why Freeman’s cop would ever let Judd go with him on stakeouts. The woman in jeopardy gets even, but the story ends up the real victim.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Morgan Freeman, Ashley Judd, Tatyana Ali, Brian Cox, Cary Elwes, Tony Goldwyn, Jeremy Piven, Mena Suvari; Director: Gary Fleder; Author: David Klass; Release Date Wide: 10/03/1997; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures, Rysher Entertainment
Posted April 17 1998 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meet the season 14 contestants on 'Project Runway'
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson dies at 43
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!