One of the last great games for the old Atari 2600, 1980’s Pitfall is a memorable fave of any bona fide Gen-Xer. Now its signature elements are back in Pitfall 3D, teeming with scorpions, gators, and those Tarzan-inspired swinging vines. The updated version’s special effects are undeniably splashy, but the mystical, StarGate-meets-Tomb Raider story line is a betrayal of the original’s refreshingly plotless, leap-or-perish simplicity. B-
Posted April 17 1998 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop