With Alice in Chains on hiatus — due to…well, who knows why — the band’s dirty-riffin’ guitarist releases a solo CD that could almost pass as a sludge-rock sequel to 1995’s Alice in Chains. The album opens promisingly enough with the head-thumpin’ ”Dickeye” and swagglin’ ”Cut You In.” But Boggy Depot soon gets bogged down in a stew of meandering retro-grunge, and you find yourself yearning for Layne Staley’s creepy tenor wailings over Cantrell’s broody noodlings. C+
Boggy Depot With Alice in Chains on hiatus — due to...well, who knows why — the band's dirty-riffin' guitarist releases a solo CD that could almost...Boggy DepotRock With Alice in Chains on hiatus — due to...well, who knows why — the band's dirty-riffin' guitarist releases a solo CD that could almost...1998-04-24
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Jerry Cantrell
Posted April 24 1998 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!