After SNL, but before 3rd Rock From the Sun, Jane Curtin won two Emmys as half of CBS’s Kate & Allie. Susan Saint James played Kate, a divorcee with a daughter (Ari Meyers), who shared a Greenwich Village pad with Curtin’s Allie and her two kids (Frederick Koehler and Allison Smith). The actresses made a potent comic combo; Saint James had better chemistry with Curtin than she ever did with Rock Hudson on McMillan and Wife.
Posted May 8 1998 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Days of our Lives' actor Joseph Mascolo dies at 87
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Bruce Campbell previews 'pretty big' season finale
- Shaquille O'Neal lip syncs Beyoncé's 'All Night'
- MSNBC anchor apologizes for saying Fox News held party at Trump hotel
- Reese Witherspoon covers Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on 'Sing' soundtrack
- T.J. Miller arrested on suspicion of battery on car service driver
- Why Will Smith chose 'Suicide Squad' over 'Independence Day' sequel