After SNL, but before 3rd Rock From the Sun, Jane Curtin won two Emmys as half of CBS’s Kate & Allie. Susan Saint James played Kate, a divorcee with a daughter (Ari Meyers), who shared a Greenwich Village pad with Curtin’s Allie and her two kids (Frederick Koehler and Allison Smith). The actresses made a potent comic combo; Saint James had better chemistry with Curtin than she ever did with Rock Hudson on McMillan and Wife.
Posted May 8 1998 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors