In Shooting Fish, Dylan (Dan Futterman) and Jez (Stuart Townsend), a couple of overgrown Lost Boys at large in London, attempt to make up for their miserable orphan childhoods by concocting inventive schemes to fleece the rich. The Wendy figure who abets them (they do their work so effectively, you see, it’s like shooting fish in a barrel) is a lively gamine (Kate Beckinsale from ”Much Ado About Nothing”) who turns out to be working through daffy family stuff of her own. British director Stefan Schwartz’s caper is wafer-thin, content-light, structure-wobbly, and whimsy-heavy: The ever-so-twinkly young men live in an ornately renovated gas tank, listen to Burt Bacharach tunes, and exchange quips not worth quipping. There is, though, one nice giggle at Andrew Lloyd Webber’s expense — although that too is like shooting fish, innit? C+
Shooting Fish In Shooting Fish, Dylan (Dan Futterman) and Jez (Stuart Townsend), a couple of overgrown Lost Boys at large in London, attempt to make up for...Shooting FishStefan Schwartz In Shooting Fish, Dylan (Dan Futterman) and Jez (Stuart Townsend), a couple of overgrown Lost Boys at large in London, attempt to make up for...1998-05-08Phyllis Logan20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Starring: Kate Beckinsale, Dan Futterman, Stuart Townsend; Starring: Phyllis Logan; Director: Stefan Schwartz; Author: Stefan Schwartz; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!