It’s useless to keep railing about Kravitz’ endless grave robbing. On 5, he shows no signs of halting his lifts from Sly Stone, Curtis Mayfield, and the Beatles. At least this time he targets some new catalogs (Gary Numan, Depeche Mode). And his recasting of old sources hits on some fetching hooks and beats along the way. Now, if he could just get over his brain-dead peacenik lyrics, Kravitz might complete the transition from pariah to guilty pleasure. C
5It's useless to keep railing about Kravitz' endless grave robbing. On 5, he shows no signs of halting his lifts from Sly Stone, Curtis...5It's useless to keep railing about Kravitz' endless grave robbing. On 5, he shows no signs of halting his lifts from Sly Stone, Curtis...1998-05-15
Lead Performer: Lenny Kravitz; Producer (group): Virgin
Posted May 15 1998 — 12:00 AM EDT
- On the set of 'American Horror Story: Hotel': A foursome with Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- 'Jack Reacher 2' starring Tom Cruise gets a release date
- Stan Lee says 'Fantastic Four' flopped because he didn’t have a cameo
- Dean Jones, The Love Bug and That Darn Cat actor, dies at 84
- 'Wildest Dreams' director responds to allegations of colonialism in Taylor Swift video
- How the new Oscar producers plan to change the show (and make it shorter)
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!