Brace yourselves, teenyboppers. On the set of his latest film, “The Fight Club” (directed by “Seven“ ‘s David Fincher), Brad Pitt has undertaken a decidedly unsexy form of Method acting, according to Entertainment Weekly magazine. Pitt voluntarily chipped out pieces of his front teeth to play a man who brawls in illegal underground bouts. No stranger to cosmetically glamming down his pinup looks (remember his grotesque pried-open eye in “12 Monkeys”?), Pitt visited a dentist for his new snaggletoothed grin. “Brad1s willing to go to great lengths for a character,” says Pitt1s publicist, Cindy Guagenti. “Most people hate to go to the dentist.” Once filming is finished at the end of October, she stresses, the sex symbol plans to get his pearly whites restored. –Chris Nashawaty
Posted July 16 1998 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!