Brace yourselves, teenyboppers. On the set of his latest film, “The Fight Club” (directed by “Seven“ ‘s David Fincher), Brad Pitt has undertaken a decidedly unsexy form of Method acting, according to Entertainment Weekly magazine. Pitt voluntarily chipped out pieces of his front teeth to play a man who brawls in illegal underground bouts. No stranger to cosmetically glamming down his pinup looks (remember his grotesque pried-open eye in “12 Monkeys”?), Pitt visited a dentist for his new snaggletoothed grin. “Brad1s willing to go to great lengths for a character,” says Pitt1s publicist, Cindy Guagenti. “Most people hate to go to the dentist.” Once filming is finished at the end of October, she stresses, the sex symbol plans to get his pearly whites restored. –Chris Nashawaty
Posted July 16 1998 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!