And now, a word or two from thespian Jean-Claude Van Damme as a former biggie in Hong Kong’s imitation-brand clothing business who gets tangled up with Russian mobsters, rogue CIA agents, and random baddies: ”I always made a quality piece of crap.” With such truth in advertising, it’s hard to get picky about Knock Off, a happy piece of Hong Kong action schlock, directed with a garmento’s appreciation for the gaudy by the redoubtable director Tsui Hark (who never met a visual novelty he didn’t like). Van Damme and his cronies (including Lela Rochon, Paul Sorvino, and, for no immediately graspable reason, Rob Schneider as Van Damme’s rabbity sidekick) race, speed, shoot, chop, and zip through scenes of such festive mayhem, plot is a clunky afterthought, like a lopsided fake Prada label on a cheap nylon knapsack. C+
Knock Off And now, a word or two from thespian Jean-Claude Van Damme as a former biggie in Hong Kong's imitation-brand clothing business who gets tangled up...Knock OffMystery and Thriller, Action/AdventureR And now, a word or two from thespian Jean-Claude Van Damme as a former biggie in Hong Kong's imitation-brand clothing business who gets tangled up...1998-09-18
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Jean-Claude Van Damme; MPAA Rating: R
Posted September 18 1998 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!