Margaret Ray, the 46-year-old woman infamous for stalking “Late Show” host David Letterman, committed suicide Tuesday by kneeling in front of an oncoming Union Pacific coal train in a remote part of Colorado. Ray’s pattern of obsession with Letterman began in 1988 when she stole his Porsche and was caught driving it, claiming that she was his wife. Since then, authorities have arrested Ray numerous times for trespassing on Letterman’s property and breaking into his home in suburban Connecticut. In ‘96, she was arrested for shoplifting and resisting arrest near the Carmel, Indiana, home of Letterman’s mother, Dorothy. “This is a sad ending to a confused life,” said Letterman, in a public statement.
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:49 AM EST
- Paul Giamatti is anti-dildo in 'Inside Amy Schumer' clip
- Manny Pacquiao being sued for failure to disclose injury ahead of Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight
- Reese Witherspoon and Aidy Bryant almost run away together twice in ‘SNL’ promo
- Nathan Lane sings tribute to David Letterman on ‘Late Show’
- 'The Royals' exclusive clip: Prince Liam drunk sings a Disney song
- Jason David Frank reprises Green Power Range role for Super Power Beat Down
- Prince announces concert to honor Freddie Gray
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, James Marsden & More!