Margaret Ray, the 46-year-old woman infamous for stalking “Late Show” host David Letterman, committed suicide Tuesday by kneeling in front of an oncoming Union Pacific coal train in a remote part of Colorado. Ray’s pattern of obsession with Letterman began in 1988 when she stole his Porsche and was caught driving it, claiming that she was his wife. Since then, authorities have arrested Ray numerous times for trespassing on Letterman’s property and breaking into his home in suburban Connecticut. In ‘96, she was arrested for shoplifting and resisting arrest near the Carmel, Indiana, home of Letterman’s mother, Dorothy. “This is a sad ending to a confused life,” said Letterman, in a public statement.
Posted October 7 1998 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See an exclusive poster and trailer for thriller 'Partisan'
- 'Scandal's' Huck and Quinn have some dark plans for Gonzo in 'Muppets' teaser
- Bette Midler wants to play Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence’s mom
- El-P on 'Meow the Jewels': 'Let's fight injustice with pure, annoying stupidity'
- Demi Lovato, The Weeknd announced as 'SNL' musical guests
- ‘Concussion’ director: Film not ‘intended to take down the NFL’
- 'SNL' announces Miley Cyrus will be musical guest for season premiere
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!