Margaret Ray, the 46-year-old woman infamous for stalking “Late Show” host David Letterman, committed suicide Tuesday by kneeling in front of an oncoming Union Pacific coal train in a remote part of Colorado. Ray’s pattern of obsession with Letterman began in 1988 when she stole his Porsche and was caught driving it, claiming that she was his wife. Since then, authorities have arrested Ray numerous times for trespassing on Letterman’s property and breaking into his home in suburban Connecticut. In ‘96, she was arrested for shoplifting and resisting arrest near the Carmel, Indiana, home of Letterman’s mother, Dorothy. “This is a sad ending to a confused life,” said Letterman, in a public statement.
Posted October 7 1998 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Brian K. Vaughan to write issue of 'The Walking Dead'
- Obama invites The Black Keys to play at the White House
- Box office preview: 'Magic Mike XXL' faces off against 'Terminator Genisys'
- Melissa Benoist talks goals for 'Supergirl': 'not a trite or a shallow depiction'
- Trevor Noah was in an inconvenient place when he got the Daily Show news
- Melissa Leo cast in HBO's LBJ movie
- 'Star Wars,' 'Batman v Superman' and more -- here's your Comic-Con movies schedule