We’d like to think it’s Nicole Kidman’s acting that has theatergoers scrambling for tickets to The Blue Room, the actress’ Dec. 13 Broadway debut. After all, she does get to show off several different accents while playing five different women in 10 sexually charged vignettes. But get real. The reason the 111-performance run is nearly sold out is Kidman’s much-publicized onstage nudity. Actually, only Kidman’s backside will be visible to most of the audience, and then only for a few moments in one scene toward the end. But if you’re one of the lucky few sitting way down front by the far right wall of the Cort Theatre, or in the right-hand box seats — and some ticket buyers have been asking — you’ll probably catch a fleeting glimpse of Nicole’s bare upper torso. Of course, if Kidman’s talents don’t do anything for you, you can always sit back and take a gander at her costar, the handsome British stage vet Iain Glen: Him you can see do the full monty from any seat in the house.
Posted December 18 1998 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hear an exclusive Deer Tick song from upcoming Amazon Music playlist
- Farm Aid 30th anniversary show to feature new stars
- Mike Huckabee's holocaust comment leaves Jon Stewart speechless
- Jimmy Kimmel makes 'Bachelorette' couple promise to never break up
- New Order shares first new track in a decade
- Robert De Niro to direct 'A Bronx Tale' musical
- Larry Wilmore slams Bill Cosby's defense strategy
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!