We’d like to think it’s Nicole Kidman’s acting that has theatergoers scrambling for tickets to The Blue Room, the actress’ Dec. 13 Broadway debut. After all, she does get to show off several different accents while playing five different women in 10 sexually charged vignettes. But get real. The reason the 111-performance run is nearly sold out is Kidman’s much-publicized onstage nudity. Actually, only Kidman’s backside will be visible to most of the audience, and then only for a few moments in one scene toward the end. But if you’re one of the lucky few sitting way down front by the far right wall of the Cort Theatre, or in the right-hand box seats — and some ticket buyers have been asking — you’ll probably catch a fleeting glimpse of Nicole’s bare upper torso. Of course, if Kidman’s talents don’t do anything for you, you can always sit back and take a gander at her costar, the handsome British stage vet Iain Glen: Him you can see do the full monty from any seat in the house.
Posted December 18 1998 — 12:00 AM EST
- Tony Awards 2016: Full list of nominees
- Watch Tituss Burgess and John Stamos sing a Disney favorite
- Radiohead post mysterious video teasers
- Pearl Jam covered 'Driven to Tears' with Sting
- The Monkees release new song written by XTC's Andy Partridge
- 'Killer POV' lives! Horror podcast team reassembles as 'Shock Waves'
- Arsenio Hall refutes Sinead O'Connor charge that he gave Prince drugs
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years