Busta Rhymes continues to be the Jackie Chan of hip-hop, karate-chopping up mountains of rhymes with a maniacal fervor (and a charming, cartoonish persona) with Extinction Level Event—The Final World Front. He may be one of the few rappers who can make tall tales of sex and success seem funny: Who else could rhyme ”frappuccino mocha” with ”gun in my holster”? (His recent arrest for gun possession only adds to the amusement.) The beats and sound effects don’t always live up to Rhymes’ energy level, but there’s enough gothic funk on tracks like ”Tear the Roof Off” and ”Do the Bus a Bus” to compensate for the cliches, like another remake of Black Sabbath’s ”Iron Man.” B
Extinction Level Event -- The Final World Front Busta Rhymes continues to be the Jackie Chan of hip-hop, karate-chopping up mountains of rhymes with a maniacal fervor (and a charming, cartoonish...Extinction Level Event -- The Final World FrontHip-Hop/Rap Busta Rhymes continues to be the Jackie Chan of hip-hop, karate-chopping up mountains of rhymes with a maniacal fervor (and a charming, cartoonish...1999-01-15
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Busta Rhymes; Producer (group): Elektra
Posted January 15 1999 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!