On his sophomore slammer, Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood, this dog’s bark bites. As he rasps distinctively through a set of horror-show hardcore hip-hop, DMX’s primal grooves pump as relentlessly as an AK-47, and he’s not afraid to mix it up (Mary J. Blige and Marilyn Manson make cameos). It’s his choking-on-broken-glass delivery that draws blood, however: At his best, he radiates a nihilistic thug charisma that rivals Tupac’s. B+
Flesh of My Flesh - Blood of My Blood On his sophomore slammer, Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood, this dog's bark bites. As he rasps distinctively through a set of...Flesh of My Flesh - Blood of My BloodHip-Hop/Rap On his sophomore slammer, Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood, this dog's bark bites. As he rasps distinctively through a set of...1999-01-15
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: DMX; Producer (group): Def Jam
Posted January 15 1999 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!