Face front, millennium watchers — it’s the most inevitable remake of the year. In truth, Prince’s opportunistic update of his ahead-of-its-time 1983 hit, 1999 is neither an improvement on nor a desecration of the original (although pandering asides like ”This is the party of the century!” do make you want to smack his head). Docked a notch for appending the usual handful (six) of pointless remixes. B-
1999: The New Master Face front, millennium watchers — it's the most inevitable remake of the year. In truth, Prince's opportunistic update of his ahead-of-its-time...1999: The New MasterPop, Singles, R&B Face front, millennium watchers — it's the most inevitable remake of the year. In truth, Prince's opportunistic update of his ahead-of-its-time...1999-02-12
Genre: Pop, Singles, R&B; Producer (group): NPG (New Power Generation)
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at Stellar Gospel Music Awards
- Angelina Jolie visits the Kids Choice Awards
- 'Walking Dead': You can live in Alexandria--for real!
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!