Face front, millennium watchers — it’s the most inevitable remake of the year. In truth, Prince’s opportunistic update of his ahead-of-its-time 1983 hit, 1999 is neither an improvement on nor a desecration of the original (although pandering asides like ”This is the party of the century!” do make you want to smack his head). Docked a notch for appending the usual handful (six) of pointless remixes. B-
1999: The New Master Face front, millennium watchers — it's the most inevitable remake of the year. In truth, Prince's opportunistic update of his ahead-of-its-time...1999: The New MasterPop, Singles, R&B Face front, millennium watchers — it's the most inevitable remake of the year. In truth, Prince's opportunistic update of his ahead-of-its-time...1999-02-12
Genre: Pop, Singles, R&B; Producer (group): NPG (New Power Generation)
Posted February 12 1999 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Hugh Jackman bring back the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- See Beyoncé birthday wishes from Gwyneth Paltrow, Blue Ivy, and more
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Chris Evans on more Captain America: 'If Marvel wants me, they got me'
- Alison Brie offers unqualified dating advice on 'The Tonight Show'
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!