Face front, millennium watchers — it’s the most inevitable remake of the year. In truth, Prince’s opportunistic update of his ahead-of-its-time 1983 hit, 1999 is neither an improvement on nor a desecration of the original (although pandering asides like ”This is the party of the century!” do make you want to smack his head). Docked a notch for appending the usual handful (six) of pointless remixes. B-
1999: The New Master Face front, millennium watchers — it's the most inevitable remake of the year. In truth, Prince's opportunistic update of his ahead-of-its-time...1999: The New MasterPop, Singles, R&B Face front, millennium watchers — it's the most inevitable remake of the year. In truth, Prince's opportunistic update of his ahead-of-its-time...1999-02-12
Genre: Pop, Singles, R&B; Producer (group): NPG (New Power Generation)
Posted February 12 1999 — 12:00 AM EST
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!