Chris Gore (lone eagle, $14.95) Aspiring Todd Solondzes simply must pick up The Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide, a treatise on schmoozing, bullying, and otherwise weaseling one’s way into the cinematic madness known as film festivals. Penned by Film Threat magazine editor and fest vet Gore, this nifty tome is part silly party-crashing guide (”Do not, as I have done, mercilessly criticize the award-winning festival film as a total piece of crap when the director can hear you”), but primarily it’s a straight-up collection of submission tips, interviews with programming honchos, and listings that include everything from acceptance odds to best morning-after hangouts. You’ll be hobnobbing with Parker Posey and Steve Buscemi before you know it. A-
The Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide Chris Gore (lone eagle, $14.95) Aspiring Todd Solondzes simply must pick up The Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide, a ...The Ultimate Film Festival Survival GuidePop Culture, Movies, NonfictionChris Gore Chris Gore (lone eagle, $14.95) Aspiring Todd Solondzes simply must pick up The Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide, a ...1999-02-19
Genre: Pop Culture, Movies, Nonfiction; Author: Chris Gore
Posted February 19 1999 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!