Numbingly beautiful, numbingly long, the director’s cut of Bernardo Bertolucci’s 1987 Best Picture winner clocks in at a taxing 218 minutes, with the extra hour mainly devoted to unnecessary extended footage of sumptuous chinoiserie. B+
The Last EmperorNumbingly beautiful, numbingly long, the director's cut of Bernardo Bertolucci's 1987 Best Picture winner clocks in at a taxing 218 minutes, with the...The Last EmperorDrama, HistoricalBernardo BertolucciPT160MNumbingly beautiful, numbingly long, the director's cut of Bernardo Bertolucci's 1987 Best Picture winner clocks in at a taxing 218 minutes, with the...1999-03-05Columbia Pictures
Genre: Drama, Historical; Starring: Joan Chen, John Lone, Peter O'Toole; Director: Bernardo Bertolucci; Author: Bernardo Bertolucci; Runtime (in minutes): 160; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted March 5 1999 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!