Numbingly beautiful, numbingly long, the director’s cut of Bernardo Bertolucci’s 1987 Best Picture winner clocks in at a taxing 218 minutes, with the extra hour mainly devoted to unnecessary extended footage of sumptuous chinoiserie. B+
The Last EmperorNumbingly beautiful, numbingly long, the director's cut of Bernardo Bertolucci's 1987 Best Picture winner clocks in at a taxing 218 minutes, with the...The Last EmperorDrama, HistoricalBernardo BertolucciPT160MNumbingly beautiful, numbingly long, the director's cut of Bernardo Bertolucci's 1987 Best Picture winner clocks in at a taxing 218 minutes, with the...1999-03-05Columbia Pictures
Genre: Drama, Historical; Starring: Joan Chen, John Lone, Peter O'Toole; Director: Bernardo Bertolucci; Author: Bernardo Bertolucci; Runtime (in minutes): 160; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted March 5 1999 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!