Diffie’s ninth album A Night to Remember — a theme record about the dissolution of relationships and the fear of never loving again — features an updated sound, a strong batch of songs, and a surprising depth of feeling. In dropping most of his George Jones inflections, Diffie, long underrated as an interpreter of honky-tonk fare, finds something startlingly new — his own voice. B
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Joe Diffie
Posted May 21 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters