This 18-minute tape of a 1964 concert was ”lost” until last year — but that doesn’t mean there was a pressing need to find The Beach Boys: The Lost concert. With workmanlike run-throughs of hits like ”Fun, Fun, Fun” and ”Surfin’ U.S.A.,” the concert captures a well-rehearsed band sounding just fine. Unfortunately, there’s not a whole lot to look at; Mike Love attempts gawky dance moves while Brian and Carl Wilson just look scared. Sure, it’s interesting to see the Boys young and raw, but their leaden stage presence makes this simply a curiosity. B-
The Beach Boys: The Lost ConcertThis 18-minute tape of a 1964 concert was ''lost'' until last year — but that doesn't mean there was a pressing need to find The Beach Boys:...The Beach Boys: The Lost ConcertUnratedThis 18-minute tape of a 1964 concert was ''lost'' until last year — but that doesn't mean there was a pressing need to find The Beach Boys:...1999-06-04
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted June 4 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What to Watch Tuesday: Reggie Watts gets 'Spatial'
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday