If the creators of Myst, The X-Files, and the Pet Rock joined forces for an Internet scavenger hunt, it just might look like The Stone. For $19.95, you get a rock on a rope that grants you access to a series of cryptic online puzzles. Go to www.thestone.net, enter the symbols carved into your stone, and take a crack at any of the mind teasers alone — or better yet, find the ”Stonemate” whose symbols match your own. Only 25 of 212 total games have been posted to date; manufacturer Abject Modernity will add new puzzles biweekly until the end of next year. ”Each one represents a finite piece of the overall mystery,” says game creator Rod Bruinooge. With 50,000 sold, this rock is on a roll.
Posted June 11 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother' contestants invade 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- ‘Justice League’ director celebrates Wonder Woman with new photo
- Bill Murray crashes White House press briefing to talk Cubs baseball
- 'Secrets and Lies' sneak peek: Eric and Cornell meet again
- ‘Captain Marvel’ will be ‘strongest character we’ve ever had': Marvel
- Lynda Carter, Gal Gadot reflect on 75 years of Wonder Woman
- Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn parody Beyoncé's 'Formation'