Binks bites. That’s the Internet stance on Phantom Menace sidekick Jar Jar Binks. With a collective Ewwww!, moviegoers have been snapping up domain names like jarjarsucks.com and jarjarbites.com. The former posts bitter jeremiads against the creature (”If Jar Jar Binks were drowning, I would throw him a stone”), while the latter plans a Secret Club for Gungan haters. Yahoo! has created an anti-Jar Jar category, whose sites sing a similar refrain: The computer-generated character ruined the film with frequent forays into unfunny slapstick. To remedy this, pages like Jar Jar Must Die (diediediejarjar.com) have created blood-lusting pictorials (think Jar Jar getting poisoned by Qui-Gon Jinn). That site also offers the MP3 of Damn Nation’s ”Jar Jar Binks Must Die!”: ”He’s got big freakin’ ears, and eyes like a bug/Every time I eat a taco I see his ugly mug.” Note to Binks: Yousa better watch your back.
Posted June 18 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Trailers From Hell takes on 'The Incredible Melting Man'
- Rihanna responds to Beyonce feud rumors in Instagram comment
- Transformers: The Last Knight trailer tallies 100 million views online
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': The Legion of Doom assembles in winter finale
- 'Colony' adds 'ER' alum in season 2 — exclusive
- Michelle Obama spotlights veteran homelessness on Viceland's 'Balls Deep'
- 'The Expanse': Exclusive new look at season 2
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot