In The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made, this tribute to “the world’s greatest failures,” the founder of Film Threat magazine tells the stories behind a bevy of potential movie classics that never made it into a film can. Bursting with intriguing what-ifs — what if David O. Selznick had actually hired Alfred Hitchcock to shoot Hitler’s memoir, Mein Kampf? And what if, instead of Citizen Kane, Orson Welles had directed the young Lucille Ball in The Smiler With a Knife? — Chris Gore’s passion for old Hollywood is occasionally dampened by skimpy research and dubious judgment. For instance, it’s probably just as well that a proposed 1977 Road reunion of the geriatric Hope-Crosby-Lamour trio never got made. B-
The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made In The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made, this tribute to "the world's greatest failures," the founder of Film Threat magazine...The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made In The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made, this tribute to "the world's greatest failures," the founder of Film Threat magazine...1999-07-23
Posted July 23 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Best of 2016: How 'Deadpool' became a record-breaking viral sensation
- 'Fast 8' trailer gets release date
- James Van Der Beek and Michelle Williams have a 'Dawson's Creek' reunion
- Jimmy Kimmel to host 2017 Oscars ceremony
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which movie should win Best Picture?
- Jude Law alarms everyone as 'The Young Pope' in tense new trailer
- 'SuperMansion' Christmas special introduces a maniacal Jim Parsons
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday