In The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made, this tribute to “the world’s greatest failures,” the founder of Film Threat magazine tells the stories behind a bevy of potential movie classics that never made it into a film can. Bursting with intriguing what-ifs — what if David O. Selznick had actually hired Alfred Hitchcock to shoot Hitler’s memoir, Mein Kampf? And what if, instead of Citizen Kane, Orson Welles had directed the young Lucille Ball in The Smiler With a Knife? — Chris Gore’s passion for old Hollywood is occasionally dampened by skimpy research and dubious judgment. For instance, it’s probably just as well that a proposed 1977 Road reunion of the geriatric Hope-Crosby-Lamour trio never got made. B-
The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made In The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made, this tribute to "the world's greatest failures," the founder of Film Threat magazine...The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made In The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made, this tribute to "the world's greatest failures," the founder of Film Threat magazine...1999-07-23
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More