In The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made, this tribute to “the world’s greatest failures,” the founder of Film Threat magazine tells the stories behind a bevy of potential movie classics that never made it into a film can. Bursting with intriguing what-ifs — what if David O. Selznick had actually hired Alfred Hitchcock to shoot Hitler’s memoir, Mein Kampf? And what if, instead of Citizen Kane, Orson Welles had directed the young Lucille Ball in The Smiler With a Knife? — Chris Gore’s passion for old Hollywood is occasionally dampened by skimpy research and dubious judgment. For instance, it’s probably just as well that a proposed 1977 Road reunion of the geriatric Hope-Crosby-Lamour trio never got made. B-
The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made In The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made, this tribute to "the world's greatest failures," the founder of Film Threat magazine...The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made In The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made, this tribute to "the world's greatest failures," the founder of Film Threat magazine...1999-07-23
Posted July 23 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jessica Lange re-teams with Ryan Murphy for 'Long Day’s Journey Into Night' on B'way
- Joe Jonas talks spitting paint and making magic on 'I Can Do That'--plus exclusive clip
- Gallery Books to publish an investigative book about Whitney Houston and Bobbi Kristina
- Michael Gambon to play Winston Churchill in new TV project
- Johnny Depp could face jail time for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- Jake Owen shifts gears on infectious new single, talks 'funkier' new album
- Jon Stewart helps Iraq War veterans find jobs in TV
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!