In The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made, this tribute to “the world’s greatest failures,” the founder of Film Threat magazine tells the stories behind a bevy of potential movie classics that never made it into a film can. Bursting with intriguing what-ifs — what if David O. Selznick had actually hired Alfred Hitchcock to shoot Hitler’s memoir, Mein Kampf? And what if, instead of Citizen Kane, Orson Welles had directed the young Lucille Ball in The Smiler With a Knife? — Chris Gore’s passion for old Hollywood is occasionally dampened by skimpy research and dubious judgment. For instance, it’s probably just as well that a proposed 1977 Road reunion of the geriatric Hope-Crosby-Lamour trio never got made. B-
The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made In The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made, this tribute to "the world's greatest failures," the founder of Film Threat magazine...The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made In The 50 Greatest Movies Never Made, this tribute to "the world's greatest failures," the founder of Film Threat magazine...1999-07-23
Posted July 23 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!