That Kristin Hersh remains relatively obscure while fashionably neurotic waifs get airplay is one of pop’s most unfair slights. After dividing time between Throwing Muses’ electric fervor and her own acoustic, but no less unsettling, solo work, Hersh has come up with Sky Motel’s extraordinary synthesis. Nobody else can navigate so eerily between trancelike pull (”Clay Feet”), slinky dreaminess (”Echo”), and pure blinding intensity (take your pick). It’s high time this fascinating, idiosyncratic artist got her due. A-
Sky Motel That Kristin Hersh remains relatively obscure while fashionably neurotic waifs get airplay is one of pop's most unfair slights. After dividing time...Sky MotelIndie Rock That Kristin Hersh remains relatively obscure while fashionably neurotic waifs get airplay is one of pop's most unfair slights. After dividing time...1999-07-23
Genre: Indie Rock; Lead Performer: Kristin Hersh; Producer (group): 4AD
Posted July 23 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- One Direction producer previews new 1D album: 'We're experimenting a little'
- Rachel Bilson, Autumn Reeser stage 'O.C.' reunion at 'Unauthorized O.C. Musical'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' ratings dip to still-huge numbers
- Kylie Jenner stars in Tyga's new music video for 'Stimulated'
- First Look: Lucy Lane on 'Supergirl'
- 'Todrick' video shoot gets interrupted by security — exclusive
- Miley Cyrus is not interested in joining Taylor Swift's squad
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!