That Kristin Hersh remains relatively obscure while fashionably neurotic waifs get airplay is one of pop’s most unfair slights. After dividing time between Throwing Muses’ electric fervor and her own acoustic, but no less unsettling, solo work, Hersh has come up with Sky Motel’s extraordinary synthesis. Nobody else can navigate so eerily between trancelike pull (”Clay Feet”), slinky dreaminess (”Echo”), and pure blinding intensity (take your pick). It’s high time this fascinating, idiosyncratic artist got her due. A-
Sky Motel That Kristin Hersh remains relatively obscure while fashionably neurotic waifs get airplay is one of pop's most unfair slights. After dividing time...Sky MotelIndie Rock That Kristin Hersh remains relatively obscure while fashionably neurotic waifs get airplay is one of pop's most unfair slights. After dividing time...1999-07-23
Genre: Indie Rock; Lead Performer: Kristin Hersh; Producer (group): 4AD
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!