Are there any books on this week’s list that the talk-show diva didn’t recommend? White Oleander and Mother of Pearl grace the fiction list, Sarah Ban Breathnach has not one but two tomes in nonfiction (courtesy of an Oprah repeat that aired July 5), and Anita Shreve’s The Pilot’s Wife tops the trade chart. But Ms. Winfrey isn’t the only one with book-selling muscle: Advice guru Ann Landers’ June 8 column boosted sales of Live Now Age Later. And that’s nothing to shake a wet noodle at.
Posted July 30 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Miss Peregrine's' author to pen second trilogy
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw joins Ava DuVernay’s 'A Wrinkle In Time'
- First 'Nashville' season 5 promo confirms Hayden Panettiere's return
- Neon Trees frontman Tyler Glenn to perform at EW PopFest
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Watch Jasmine and Aladdin meet
- Megyn Kelly grills Donna Brazile about alleged leaked email
- 'Top Chef' cooks up fresh drama in season 14 trailer