The soundtrack to this writer’s youth mixes deathless dirtbag anthems like ”Running With the Devil,” ”Iron Man,” and ”Shout It Out Loud” with covers ranging from why-bother (Everclear’s ”The Boys Are Back in Town,” the Donnas’ ”Strutter”) to just plain strange (Marilyn Manson on the ”Highway to Hell”). Detroit Rock City’s highlight: the resurrection of Sweet’s sublime glammy-gum ”Little Willie.” Low: the schmaltziest Kiss ballad since ”Beth.” B
Detroit Rock City The soundtrack to this writer's youth mixes deathless dirtbag anthems like ''Running With the Devil,'' ''Iron Man,'' and ''Shout It Out Loud'' with...Detroit Rock CitySoundtracks The soundtrack to this writer's youth mixes deathless dirtbag anthems like ''Running With the Devil,'' ''Iron Man,'' and ''Shout It Out Loud'' with...1999-08-06
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performers: Kiss, Various Artists; Producer (group): Mercury Records
Posted August 6 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony