So you’ve decided to form a band. You’ve scored the way-glamorous singer. The monster-riffing guitarist. The tight-as-a-Carmen Electra-tank-top rhythm section. But the best name you’ve brainstormed is…the Rolling Seder Tables. Fear not, websites exist to help you whip up a more suitably bizarre moniker. After breezing through such suggestions as Violent Devil Lobster (from the Jam at www.thejam.com/ interactive/generator.html) or All-Night Yahtzee (from Band-o-Matic at www.slip.net/~jmmallon/bands/), you might want to bookmark GORBY (www.irz.com/robin/bandnameprogram/), which brims with winky pop satires like Evolving With Bob Barker and non-sequiturial gems like Grapes and Babes. Better yet, the Swarming Midget Band Name Archive (www.geo cities.com/SunsetStrip/7011/geetar.html) offers suggestions in 15 categories; under ”edible band names,” you’ll find Consequences in Marinara Sauce. Once you decide, cruise over to the Canonical List of Weird Band Names (home.earth link.net/~chellec/) to see if your creation is still available. Sorry, the Shamu Afterbirth Orchestra is taken.
Posted August 6 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kings of Leon nab first No. 1 album with 'Walls'
- John Oliver offers Trump Emmy in return for accepting election results
- What to Watch Monday: Lynda Carter meets 'Supergirl'
- 'The Walking Dead' producers explain that crazy cliffhanger resolution
- 'The Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz reflects on Abraham's big moment
- 'The Walking Dead': Steven Yeun weighs in on Glenn's fate
- 'Quantico' boss on channeling 'Mr. Robot,' Harry's 'personal' story