Even Gellar’s biggest fans should be sorry to see her in this bad career move, as a so-so chef who suddenly starts cooking enchanting meals, thanks to a magical crab heaven-sent by her dead mother. Among the bewitched is a handsome young executive (Flanery) who literally gets swept off his feet when a kiss sends him floating toward the ceiling. Theoretically Simply Irresistible is romantic; on screen the whimsy curdles like day-old crème brûlée. Re-rent ”Cruel Intentions” instead. Better yet, save your money and catch this week’s ”Buffy the Vampire Slayer.”
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Sean Patrick Flanery, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Dylan Baker, Patricia Clarkson; Director: Mark Tarlov; Release Date Wide: 02/05/1999; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted August 24 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Fire' creator teases how the pilot inspired episode 100
- Grammy nominations 2017: Kelly Clarkson, The Chainsmokers, more react
- 'Stranger Things' soundtracks score Grammy nods
- Katie Holmes on taking the reins for her directorial debut 'All We Had'
- 'Below Deck' season finale sneak peek teases Ben and Kate clashing
- 'Game of Thrones' actor Peter Vaughan dies at 93
- Trevor Noah blames Donald Trump's advisors for enabling his tweeting
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'