The first film directed by screenwriter Kevin Williamson (Scream, Dawson’s Creek) is a plastic exercise in authority bashing. Mrs. Tingle (Helen Mirren), the high school history teacher, is a cartoon curmudgeon who speaks in poisoned bonbons of sarcasm. When Leigh Ann (Katie Holmes) is caught with two friends in a scandal that’s more innocent than it looks, the three go over to Mrs. Tingle’s house, and much over-blown malice follows. It’s depressing to see the gifted Williamson dance so crudely on the grave of empathy in Teaching Mrs. Tingle.
Teaching Mrs. Tingle The first film directed by screenwriter Kevin Williamson (Scream, Dawson's Creek) is a plastic exercise in authority bashing. Mrs....Teaching Mrs. TingleComedy, Mystery and ThrillerKevin WilliamsonPG-13 The first film directed by screenwriter Kevin Williamson (Scream, Dawson's Creek) is a plastic exercise in authority bashing. Mrs....1999-09-03
Genre: Comedy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Katie Holmes, Helen Mirren; Director: Kevin Williamson; Author: Kevin Williamson; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted September 3 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!