For those who could take or leave this Hoosier’s catalog of vest-pocket Springsteenisms, a scratchy odds-‘n’-sods anthology from his ex-label might rank down there with root canal. Die-hard boosters, however, will find some chewable grains of wheat-field whimsy on Rough Harvest, particularly in a roadhouse revamp of ”Rain on the Scarecrow,” a folk-fiddled take on ”Human Wheels,” and surprisingly passionate readings of rock standards ”Wild Night” and ”Under the Boardwalk.” It ain’t Bruce. But it ain’t half bad.
Rough Harvest For those who could take or leave this Hoosier's catalog of vest-pocket Springsteenisms, a scratchy odds-'n'-sods anthology from his ex-label might...Rough Harvest For those who could take or leave this Hoosier's catalog of vest-pocket Springsteenisms, a scratchy odds-'n'-sods anthology from his ex-label might...1999-09-10
Lead Performer: John Mellencamp; Producer (group): Def Jam, Island, Mercury Records
Posted September 10 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- Ronda Rousey pays tribute to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper
- British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies at 72
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!