For those who could take or leave this Hoosier’s catalog of vest-pocket Springsteenisms, a scratchy odds-‘n’-sods anthology from his ex-label might rank down there with root canal. Die-hard boosters, however, will find some chewable grains of wheat-field whimsy on Rough Harvest, particularly in a roadhouse revamp of ”Rain on the Scarecrow,” a folk-fiddled take on ”Human Wheels,” and surprisingly passionate readings of rock standards ”Wild Night” and ”Under the Boardwalk.” It ain’t Bruce. But it ain’t half bad.
Rough Harvest For those who could take or leave this Hoosier's catalog of vest-pocket Springsteenisms, a scratchy odds-'n'-sods anthology from his ex-label might...Rough Harvest For those who could take or leave this Hoosier's catalog of vest-pocket Springsteenisms, a scratchy odds-'n'-sods anthology from his ex-label might...1999-09-10
Lead Performer: John Mellencamp; Producer (group): Def Jam, Island, Mercury Records
Posted September 10 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Box office report: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' snuffs 'Alice In Wonderland 2'
- Duncan Jones remembers showing dad David Bowie 'Warcraft'
- Dancing stormtroopers do 'Dirty Dancing' on 'Britain’s Got Talent'
- Jeremy Irons says 'Batman v Superman' was 'overstuffed'
- 'Jessica Jones' star David Tennant ponders superhero bathroom breaks
- 'X-Men' fans try to get into Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
- 'Begin Again' director John Carney criticizes Keira Knightley's acting
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers