For those who could take or leave this Hoosier’s catalog of vest-pocket Springsteenisms, a scratchy odds-‘n’-sods anthology from his ex-label might rank down there with root canal. Die-hard boosters, however, will find some chewable grains of wheat-field whimsy on Rough Harvest, particularly in a roadhouse revamp of ”Rain on the Scarecrow,” a folk-fiddled take on ”Human Wheels,” and surprisingly passionate readings of rock standards ”Wild Night” and ”Under the Boardwalk.” It ain’t Bruce. But it ain’t half bad.
Rough Harvest For those who could take or leave this Hoosier's catalog of vest-pocket Springsteenisms, a scratchy odds-'n'-sods anthology from his ex-label might...Rough Harvest For those who could take or leave this Hoosier's catalog of vest-pocket Springsteenisms, a scratchy odds-'n'-sods anthology from his ex-label might...1999-09-10
Lead Performer: John Mellencamp; Producer (group): Def Jam, Island, Mercury Records
Posted September 10 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Niall Horan would spend his last night on earth with Ellie Goulding
- Alex Trebek rapped Drake's 'Jumpman' on 'Jeopardy'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star teases Amelia's struggle with getting pregnant
- Alden Ehrenreich on playing young Han Solo: 'It's been so surreal'
- WATCH: Gizmo and the Gremlins are newest additions to 'Lego Dimensions'
- WATCH: New 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' Trailer — Exclusive
- Moby explains why he ‘doesn’t ever want to tour again'
- 9 of the Best 'Wheel of Fortune' Moments Ever
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow