For those who could take or leave this Hoosier’s catalog of vest-pocket Springsteenisms, a scratchy odds-‘n’-sods anthology from his ex-label might rank down there with root canal. Die-hard boosters, however, will find some chewable grains of wheat-field whimsy on Rough Harvest, particularly in a roadhouse revamp of ”Rain on the Scarecrow,” a folk-fiddled take on ”Human Wheels,” and surprisingly passionate readings of rock standards ”Wild Night” and ”Under the Boardwalk.” It ain’t Bruce. But it ain’t half bad.
Rough Harvest For those who could take or leave this Hoosier's catalog of vest-pocket Springsteenisms, a scratchy odds-'n'-sods anthology from his ex-label might...Rough Harvest For those who could take or leave this Hoosier's catalog of vest-pocket Springsteenisms, a scratchy odds-'n'-sods anthology from his ex-label might...1999-09-10
Lead Performer: John Mellencamp; Producer (group): Def Jam, Island, Mercury Records
Posted September 10 1999 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Frozen' musical selects city for world premiere before Broadway
- 'The Big Bang Theory' shocker: Bernadette's big news!
- Here are all the featured artists on Kanye West's new album
- 'Deadpool' screenwriters 'trying to get a jump on' sequel
- Martin Shkreli wants to be the sole owner of Kanye West's new album
- See a preview of Kanye West's videogame, about his mother going to heaven
- Box office preview: 'Deadpool' to demolish 'Zoolander 2,' 'How To Be Single'
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996